- Atex Intrinsically Safe Approval
- IPX7 Waterproof Construction
- 22 Programmable Channels
- Built In Voice Scrambler
- Up to 19 Hours Operating Time
- High Spec Lithium Ion Battery
- Weight (Grams):: 280
- Power Output (W):: 1
- Frequency (MHz):: 156.000–161.450
- Number of Channels:: 22
- Battery Type:: Lithium Ion
- Battery Life (Hours):: 19
The IC-M87 radio is an ATEX model, compliant with the introduction of new solas regulations. This means that the model is completely intrinsically safe, offering full protection against hazardous environments. The Icom model has the option of 22 channels, meaning there is space for plenty of users and departments to operate on the radios at once. TAG scanning operating, and the automatic scan function, allows finding a channel to be easy for users.
The radio comes complete with a desktop charger, a 1950mAh Li-Ion battery, belt clip and antenna. There are also multi charger and ATEX speaker microphone options for this device. These high quality accessories enable users to have more flexibility with their radio use.